General Studies is of vital importance to the development of a child. It aims at guiding children to have a better understanding of themselves and the world around them, and of the inter-dependence between people, things and their environment.
The general aims of the School General Studies curriculum are as follows:
- To develop students as confident, rational and responsible citizens.
- To enable them to have a healthy personal development and to recognize their roles and responsibilities as members of the family and society and to show concern and care for their own well-being.
- To develop in them a sense of curiosity and interest in the world around them, natural or man-made.
- To encourage them to have a questioning mind and to provide them with the tools and ability to conduct simple scientific investigation.
- To develop their sense of care and concern for the environment and nature.
- To nurture in them a sense of national identity and to acquire basic knowledge about the history and culture of our home country and the global community as well.