General Studies is of vital importance to the development of a child. It aims at guiding children to have a better understanding of themselves and the world around them, and of the interdependence between people, things and their environment.
The general aims of the School General Studies curriculum are as follows:
- To develop students as confident, rational and responsible citizens.
- To foster students’ healthy personal development, recognize their roles and responsibilities as members of the family and society, and to show concern and care for their own well-being.
- To develop in them a sense of curiosity and interest in the world around them.
- To encourage them to have a curious mind and to support them with the knowledge and resources in conducting simple scientific investigations.
- To develop their sense of care and concern for the environment and nature.
- To nurture in them a sense of national identity and to acquire basic knowledge about the history and culture of our home country and the global community.